Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Recess Entrepreneur

Today I got a call from the Principal's office. Nice. Every parent loves to see the school's number on their caller id. She starts off with "I have Ethan here in my office", and I start imagining all sorts of awful things Ethan must have done to land himself in the office. Here was the culprit:

Bey Blades! Ethan and his friends take these little spinner things to school to trade with each other. They come apart and you can switch out the pieces to make the best bey ever! 

A boy named Daniel saw one of Ethan's that he liked at recess and offered him $50 for it. Ethan happily said yes and pocketed the $50 bill. Apparently when back in class a classmate said "Ethan made $50 at recess". The teacher intervened and thus the trip the the Principal's office. To Ethan's credit, he didn't go to school with the intent to sell. The opportunity just fell into his lap (isn't that what all white collar criminals say?). I tried to explain to Ethan that receiving $50 for something that costs $8.99 in stores is shady. He didn't agree - he thought it made good business sense. So I went with the "It is against school rules to buy and sell items at school" route and he said ok. I guess being sent to the Principal's office doesn't always mean what it did in the olden days!

1 comment:

  1. LUV ur blog girlie!!!! So fun to see you all! Love the blog world- makes me feel like I'm still connected to the people i love! oh - and rydge is a bey junkie, too....he and ethan would par-tay!

    ReplyDelete